Forum Shame Fame Tea Pot Documents Contact Links Spoonerisms Shop Comments Russ's Corner Search

1st March 2005 - BCII V's Timmy's Tigers

A competent and well disciplined performance from BCII last night managed to prevent a third
successive loss in Div. 2 – and they were unlucky not bank all three points as a woeful
refereeing decision a few minutes from time cost them dear.

Playing against a team not even listed in the Div. 2 table (Come on Shenley, sort it out!), BCII
started well and created a number of chances before Sean broke down the left from a
Biggsio interception, squared inside to Daz, collected a perfectly measured return pass and slot
the ball coolly home under the advancing ‘keeper.

During the first half BCII looked very comfortable and with Biggs and Justin defending admirably,
Daz and Mark Rogers were able to protect and work the midfield leaving Timmy’s Tigers restricted
to long range shots that Ritchie A. more than capably dealt with.

At the start of the second half, Neil made way for Gazza and Ritchie Moss replaced Daz.

Although these were like-for-like changes and did not upset the shape, Bunky’s do seem to have an
Achilles heel when it comes to substitutions and very often a period of confusion follows any change,
disrupting formation for a few minutes. This game was no exception and with Mark tiring slightly and
dropping deep, the ball bounced around on the edge of the area between he and the new boys, wasn’t
cleared and a fine effort rattled the back of the net to level the score.

Undaunted, BCII kept going and, playing with the same confidence, created chance after chance
that the Tiger’s ‘keeper managed to block before Rogers (displaying his usual ‘Le Tissier’ composure
and skill) evaded a couple of tackles and struck the ball low and firm, just creeping inside the far
left post, to restore the advantage.

Still Bunkys pushed for more and still further chances were created, although we should also note
that on the rate occasion a Tiger counter-attack was made, any efforts on the BC goal were deftly
cleared by Ritchie A., if not the defence.

But then, with just a couple of minutes remaining, referee madness. An extended period of Bunky
possession saw the ball worked wide to Gazza, whose shot was parried by the raised arms of a Tiger
defender and spun off into the air… Clear handball and over heads as well!

Ray waived play on, claiming ball-to-hand and ignoring the height, Tiger’s broke to level the score
and Bunky’s had to settle for just the one point.


© Bunky Chollox FC 2014.  Established  1994.  All rights reserved.